Compatability

Blake Fabian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300g mixed reef that I'd like to add more schooling fish to. Right now it just has some Tangs, a large Maroon, a Mandarin, and 2 Lyretail Anthias. 1 male & 1 female. I'd like to add more anthias, however the two that I have been there for nearly a year and have grown to around 3-4" long. I'm worried any new anthias I add will be bullied by them. Is this a valid concern or am I paranoid? If it is a concern, what's another good reef-safe option for some schooling fish? I've been thinking about Chromis however I've never kept damsels before because I've always read they grow up to be very aggressive and territorial. Thank you in advance for your opinions & expertise.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300g mixed reef that I'd like to add more schooling fish to. Right now it just has some Tangs, a large Maroon, a Mandarin, and 2 Lyretail Anthias. 1 male & 1 female. I'd like to add more anthias, however the two that I have been there for nearly a year and have grown to around 3-4" long. I'm worried any new anthias I add will be bullied by them. Is this a valid concern or am I paranoid? If it is a concern, what's another good reef-safe option for some schooling fish? I've been thinking about Chromis however I've never kept damsels before because I've always read they grow up to be very aggressive and territorial. Thank you in advance for your opinions & expertise.
Yes, it is a concern with the established anthias however if you add enough then it shouldn’t be too bad in terms of aggression.
As for chromis, these are a bad move in numbers. Very few people can keep them in numbers but also they tend to come in with Uronema which considering you have two one year old anthias, you’re probably not wanting to risk Uronema.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back