OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Good luck with the build. I had been searching Petco and Petsmart 75g here in NJ for months. The are all tempered glass. I called Petco and Petsmart and they told me that the 75g are all tempered now. I want to drill for an overflow and returns.
Just look at the tank if it’s tempered it will have a sticker on it saying it is. Put your one with screen on, on one side of the glass and polarized sunglasses on the other side of the glass that you want to drill. Turn the sunglasses from side to side. Dave’s nano tanks channel has a great explanation of that didn’t make much sense lol

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco carries Aqueon. It comes in a box and they don't print if it's temp or non temp. I called Aqueon and they told me that all 75g are tempered. They don't put stickers on their tanks. They haven't made a non temp in a few years. Now Marineland is non temp in 75g but Petsmart only sells it as a tank with stand option. I don't need the stand

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco carries Aqueon. I called Aqueon and they told me that all 75g are tempered. They haven't made a non temp in a few years. Now Marineland is non temp in 75g but Petsmart only sells it as a tank with stand option. I don't need the stand
Look on the tank of it has a sticker that says tempered don’t buy it

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi great to see you here. I love all the excitement and energy. Get stuck in. God knows what my wife will say when she finds out what I’m planning to build and more to the point where isn’t going.... didn’t really plan it when I built the house so now it’s going to protrude somewhat into the lounge. I can feature it .... and I can hear her in my ear. My kids have already expressed their views but they’re somewhat easier to veto and brush to the side. Her in doors is a bit more fiesty. Ho hum cross I have to bear but would I change it for anything.. nah. Sucker for punishment. Just hope she doesn’t grab my phone and read my posts.... she’s already asking too many questions... getting a little hot under the collar. Haha.

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi great to see you here. I love all the excitement and energy. Get stuck in. God knows what my wife will say when she finds out what I’m planning to build and more to the point where isn’t going.... didn’t really plan it when I built the house so now it’s going to protrude somewhat into the lounge. I can feature it .... and I can hear her in my ear. My kids have already expressed their views but they’re somewhat easier to veto and brush to the side. Her in doors is a bit more fiesty. Ho hum cross I have to bear but would I change it for anything.. nah. Sucker for punishment. Just hope she doesn’t grab my phone and read my posts.... she’s already asking too many questions... getting a little hot under the collar. Haha.
lol better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission Hahahaha hope i get to see your build

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also on Instagram and YouTube where I post way more often. If you want to you can subscribe me on YouTube and follow on IG (justgottadiy) for both of them

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco carries Aqueon. It comes in a box and they don't print if it's temp or non temp. I called Aqueon and they told me that all 75g are tempered. They don't put stickers on their tanks. They haven't made a non temp in a few years. Now Marineland is non temp in 75g but Petsmart only sells it as a tank with stand option. I don't need the stand
Idk I looked it up online and it said that there not made in tempered but sometimes they have to use a piece or 2 of tempered so they’ll put a sticker on it. Check Dave’s nano tanks on YouTube he has great vid to see how to tell if the pane of glass you want to drill is tempered or not. also I’m on YouTube and instagram (justgottadiy) if you have an account with either of those you can follow the build there and I post much more often than on here.

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission Hahahaha hope i get to see your build
Jury’s out on that one. She can cut with her tongue. It’s like being whipped and she can draw blood. Being showing her prity little corals ... she making some positive ‘reassuring’ (or maybe that just my foolish interpretation) noises. Dare say I won’t hear those much when she sees the glass arriving. Likely then to be seeing stars. I can’t even pretend it’s for the windows as they’re all glazed now. dang knew I should have held something back.

OP
OP
Justgottadiy

Justgottadiy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jury’s out on that one. She can cut with her tongue. It’s like being whipped and she can draw blood. Being showing her prity little corals ... she making some positive ‘reassuring’ (or maybe that just my foolish interpretation) noises. Dare say I won’t hear those much when she sees the glass arriving. Likely then to be seeing stars. I can’t even pretend it’s for the windows as they’re all glazed now. dang knew I should have held something back.
lol dang sounds like you have your work and begging for forgiveness cut out for you lol. I’m soooo happy my wife loves the system as much as I do no problem me here except the tank we have is too small says her

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol dang sounds like you have your work and begging for forgiveness cut out for you lol. I’m soooo happy my wife loves the system as much as I do no problem me here except the tank we have is too small says her
That’s sounds like a licence to me! Trade it in. Go big. I’m doing 1800g but saw a U-tube the other day with some guy whose done 5000gs I think. Was tempted for a bit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back