Complete newbie from UK

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, this is a great place to learn. I recommend checking out the following for more information; Bulk Reef Supply and Tidal Gardens videos on a YouTube.

And for inspiration the many build threads here on R2R in all the different categories.

Good Luck.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, me and my fiancé have decided to set up a reef tank together, so I'm a complete newbie (I've never even had any kind of fish before - I do at least work in a lab so I'm used to testing though!). Haven't started setting anything up yet, but have been doing a lot of research into what we're going to get so far.
Welcome!

Planning is so FUN!! Looking forward to your successes. Your methodical lab skills will come in handy for your new shared hobby!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, me and my fiancé have decided to set up a reef tank together, so I'm a complete newbie (I've never even had any kind of fish before - I do at least work in a lab so I'm used to testing though!). Haven't started setting anything up yet, but have been doing a lot of research into what we're going to get so far.
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 11022021212446.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1618175013772.png

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ... you are doing the right thing. Reefing is more successful with at least some knowledge and a plan. Like anything in a lab, it's not true until it can be replicated, good things take time and there is a reason for everything. Ask questions and the widespread bounty of experience here will hop in to help. Don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!
PS Looking forward to the build thread.
the muppets loop GIF

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back