Complete overhaul on 10g cube

Rawsreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
563
Reaction score
275
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup y’all,

So 5 months ago I started my first nano reef. Really the first time I ever start a reef from the very beginning.

At first I loved my rock scape, now not so much.

I feel the scape does not look natural at all, and after seeing a lot more nano tanks, this really is not the look I wanted.

here’s where we are at :
B8236424-5EC1-4B44-9E19-FBCE90B28712.jpeg
9C259872-1163-4545-A9E6-1127BDC5BF30.jpeg



The new scape idea :

889F0296-7D52-4CE9-873A-0B86812671F3.jpeg
67CAB3D3-8D1A-44A6-8F48-4F62FF0E59A2.jpeg


the idea is to have more free room in the tank for fish and also to make it easier to place corals, do water changes, pick stuff up etc


What do y’all think? Any way I can improve the new scape?
 
So I decided to crush up some rock and design a scape with more ledges/ caves .

here’s where I am at so far. Ran out of putty but Im loving it so far.

Thoughts? How can I improve?
 

Attachments

  • 92D807D5-8CB1-483F-9711-8633779D84BB.jpeg
    92D807D5-8CB1-483F-9711-8633779D84BB.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DD97740D-4343-48BF-84BB-EAD353E41291.jpeg
    DD97740D-4343-48BF-84BB-EAD353E41291.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 5D460C74-9BF3-4A85-B491-C15448242CA9.jpeg
    5D460C74-9BF3-4A85-B491-C15448242CA9.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 36
So I decided to crush up some rock and design a scape with more ledges/ caves .

here’s where I am at so far. Ran out of putty but Im loving it so far.

Thoughts? How can I improve?
I like this a lot! There’s a lot of space for corals, plenty of open sandbed & still hiding places for fish.
 
I like this a lot! There’s a lot of space for corals, plenty of open sandbed & still hiding places for fish.
Thanks!

Just got some more putty, I would like to continue adding onto it to create a more dynamic scape. We’ll see what I end up with
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new