Conditioning diet

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can i use for conditioning banggai cardinals? i know chopped squid, mysis and even baby guppies???

If I bought baby saltwater mollies from my LFS would that still be the same as the guppies? would it have the same effect?

and "wild" cherry shrimp, there are people in my area selling these, if I gut loaded the shrimp with marine fish food would it be ok?

also how big are banggai cardinals at hatching and at what size can I sell them?

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality frozen foods and enriched pellets should be sufficient for conditioning. Breeding journals I have read lean into feeding the male large peices of krill to fatten him up.

Live food shouldn't be required.

Banggais are large enough to eat newly hatched brine shrimp at release. They are mouth brooders.

OP
OP
L

Leo_ian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality frozen foods and enriched pellets should be sufficient for conditioning. Breeding journals I have read lean into feeding the male large peices of krill to fatten him up.

Live food shouldn't be required.

Banggais are large enough to eat newly hatched brine shrimp at release. They are mouth brooders.
Krill is expensive in my area, are there other substitutes

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mysis and new life spectrum
Congratulations on getting them to eat pellets. I think this would be a good starting point. You could consider enriching the pellets with selcon or a similar product. Give them time and feed them heavily.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back