Condylactis Anemone question

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have have my condy for about 2 months with no issues. It would wander around the tank , staying in one spot for a week or so then moving. about a week and half ago it moved to the back of my tank and went under a rock with just the tips of its arms out. It's color is good but it hasn't taken any of the silversides i have been spot feeding it. should i take my tank apart and pull it out?

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it. And I don’t feed my nems, but that’s your call. What light/flow/etc. It is probably just happy where it is

OP
OP
Joey Mig

Joey Mig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chinese led full spectrum strip light. the tank has a 300 gph hob filter and two 500 gph powerhead (one on each side the tank. the one on the left angled up toward the to top the one on the right and down toward the front middle of the tank).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Let it be. Adjust light to more blue or flow a little higher and it may move again

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it. It would be pointless to tear the tank apart to move a condy that is just going to up and move on you again. You could try aiming the powerheads differently. That might change how it feels about where it's at now.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back