Connecting a RODI

SaiyanDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for the forum. I have a BRS RODI 75 that I want to tap into a water supply. It came with the adaptor to connect it you your faucet but I do not have a sink in my basement. Is there an adaptor I can but to either cut it into my water inlet line that is made of PVC or one where I can inner tot thru the water faucet for my washer dryer. Thanks!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what your looking for?

1465156794372.jpg

OP
OP
S

SaiyanDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like it would work! What's it called... Couldn't find anything like iron BRS web page

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet is a garden hose wye hooked to the washing machine cold water supply. You can get it at Walmart or any hardware store in bronze with individual ball valves for around $6-8.
I use this with a pushconnect ball valve in the supply line cause I can't access the wye to turn my supply on and off at the faucet

OP
OP
S

SaiyanDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do I connect my inlet line on my RODI to the Y splitter?

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your RO probably came with a hose thread adapter that screws on one side and the washing machine the other.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this topic ended a while ago but I also have a washer connection available for my RODI which would make it super convienent. My only concern is the male fitting exiting from the wall is brass. I was told by a professional installer that brass is not good to have attached to any plumbing that runs water into the reef tank. Is this true? If so, any ideas out there on how to avoid this other than not using that connection?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see this topic ended a while ago but I also have a washer connection available for my RODI which would make it super convienent. My only concern is the male fitting exiting from the wall is brass. I was told by a professional installer that brass is not good to have attached to any plumbing that runs water into the reef tank. Is this true? If so, any ideas out there on how to avoid this other than not using that connection?
I think it is fine. You don't want metal near your rodi or saltwater, but supplying the rodi unit is ok. Lots of people use the brass spigot in the backyard, etc. The rodi is gonna filter that stiff out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back