Issue with 40ft RODI influent line?

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO system is 35ft away from the faucet. I used a potable water hose but it busted.

Would there be an issue if I run 35-40ft of 1/4" RO tubing from the faucet to the RO unit? I'm worried about the pressure dropping. Would doing 3/8" then use a reducer right before the RO system be better?

I like the idea of a smaller hose since a potable water hose is relatively bulky. If I will have issues, I'll just get another potable water hose.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your RODI system have a pump or you are relying on city main's water pressure?

With the low flow of RODI systems, I would assume it should be fine.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pressure reaching the membrane should not drop significantly in this low flow application.

The lifespan of the tubing will be shortened if it is in direct sunlight-prolonged UV exposure will make the tubing brittle. I run my RO waste line into the yard (watering) but found that out for a section that was sun exposed.

OP
OP
R

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your RODI system have a pump or you are relying on city main's water pressure?

With the low flow of RODI systems, I would assume it should be fine.
No booster pump. Only relying on city’s pressure.

I don’t really mind if there is a slight decrease in product water. My wastewater goes to the pool, so not really wasted.

The pressure reaching the membrane should not drop significantly in this low flow application.

The lifespan of the tubing will be shortened if it is in direct sunlight-prolonged UV exposure will make the tubing brittle. I run my RO waste line into the yard (watering) but found that out for a section that was sun exposed.
Not too worried about the tubing. I’ll disconnect the hose from the faucet and store in the garage after use.

If your tubing is breaking with UV, try using irrigation tubing as your wastewater line.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back