Connecting Hydros ETM & ApelEL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joeg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Joeg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
213
Reaction score
213
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a AlexEL and am considering buying a Hydros ETM. Am I correct in thinking that since the ApexEL does not have the 0-10 ports like the regular Apex that I'll need to pick up a VDM module for the Apex as well?

So I'm thinking the signal path will be ApexEL sends to the VDM module which then sends to Hydros ETM.

What I want to be able to do is hit the feed mode on the apex and have that trigger the Hydros to suspend pumps for 'x' minutes.

Does this setup seem correct?

Thanks for any direction you can offer.
 
If you have the EL, yes you need the VDM module for 0-10v control. Then it would be simple to initiate feed modes via apex :). You could even make a physical button that connects to the IO port (breakout) of your apex to initiate feed mode- that’s my favorite way to do it!

For example, if apex outputs 2v then start feed mode.

CoralVue has some great videos:

 
Last edited:
I have a AlexEL and am considering buying a Hydros ETM. Am I correct in thinking that since the ApexEL does not have the 0-10 ports like the regular Apex that I'll need to pick up a VDM module for the Apex as well?

So I'm thinking the signal path will be ApexEL sends to the VDM module which then sends to Hydros ETM.

What I want to be able to do is hit the feed mode on the apex and have that trigger the Hydros to suspend pumps for 'x' minutes.

Does this setup seem correct?

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Thank you for your interest and thank you @TheHarold!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new