Connecting Hydros ETM & ApelEL

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a AlexEL and am considering buying a Hydros ETM. Am I correct in thinking that since the ApexEL does not have the 0-10 ports like the regular Apex that I'll need to pick up a VDM module for the Apex as well?

So I'm thinking the signal path will be ApexEL sends to the VDM module which then sends to Hydros ETM.

What I want to be able to do is hit the feed mode on the apex and have that trigger the Hydros to suspend pumps for 'x' minutes.

Does this setup seem correct?

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the EL, yes you need the VDM module for 0-10v control. Then it would be simple to initiate feed modes via apex :). You could even make a physical button that connects to the IO port (breakout) of your apex to initiate feed mode- that’s my favorite way to do it!

For example, if apex outputs 2v then start feed mode.

CoralVue has some great videos:

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a AlexEL and am considering buying a Hydros ETM. Am I correct in thinking that since the ApexEL does not have the 0-10 ports like the regular Apex that I'll need to pick up a VDM module for the Apex as well?

So I'm thinking the signal path will be ApexEL sends to the VDM module which then sends to Hydros ETM.

What I want to be able to do is hit the feed mode on the apex and have that trigger the Hydros to suspend pumps for 'x' minutes.

Does this setup seem correct?

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Thank you for your interest and thank you @TheHarold!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back