Connection problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have just had to start using a new laptop as my old one died.
frown.png

Previously I had my profilus plus II controller connected to my old Windows Vista laptop without problems.

I have installed the PC software onto my new Windows 10 laptop but I am unable to get a connection with any of the USB ports. When I connect the laptop with the USB serial cable, that worked before, it is not connecting. I have scanned the ports and it is not finding anything but on the device manager it is saying that it is on com 4 but cannot connect.

Please can someone explain step by step how to fix the problem?

Thanks, Di

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @gatekeeperdi - Which software and version did you download. Does the Device Manager in windows show the COM Port after you connect the cable/device?

OP
OP
G

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @gatekeeperdi - Which software and version did you download. Does the Device Manager in windows show the COM Port after you connect the cable/device?

I've downloaded Profilux control II V4.0.8.1.
On the device manager I can see the Profilux USB to Serial Comm port (COM3) Device type Portsmouth (COME &LPT) Manufacturer: profilic.
Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10) Adevice which does not exist was specified.

I am extremely poor when it comes to computers so if possible can you give me step by step instructions of how to proceed please?

Thanks for any assistance. Di

OP
OP
G

gatekeeperdi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have since uninstalled the Profilux control V4.0.8.1 and installed the Profilux control 5.1.7.2 on the laptop.
I am still unable to connect to my Profilux plus II when connected with the Profilux USB to Serial cable. According to the device manager, I have the Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port driver dated 5/7/16, version 3.8.1.3 installed. I am still getting the same error code 10, saying that the device cannot start. A device which does not exist was specified.
I am completely stuck now and really need to be able to link the laptop to the controller to make adjustments to some of the settings.
Please can someone give me step by step instructions of how to fix the problem?
Thanks for any assistance, Di

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Unfortunately this is not an issue relating to GHL. The driver that once worked on your Vista OS which is now not functioning on Win 10 indicates that the new OS is having issues letting the driver operate normally. Please check the manufacturer's website for an updated USB to Serial adapter driver.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back