Conquering STN/RTN. What has worked for you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ftrain576
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I was battling RTN/ STN a few months ago. I did the Witch Hazel method and water changes. After about 3 weeks of the treatment almost everything stopped RTNing, and started to look much better. I was dosing 20ml of the Witch Hazel in my 100 gallon tank every night before my lights went of.
People says that it's snake oil, but I did see good results using it.
Good luck.
 
I was battling RTN/ STN a few months ago. I did the Witch Hazel method and water changes. After about 3 weeks of the treatment almost everything stopped RTNing, and started to look much better. I was dosing 20ml of the Witch Hazel in my 100 gallon tank every night before my lights went of.
People says that it's snake oil, but I did see good results using it.
Good luck.
Quick question…how did you calculate the amount of Witch Hazel to dose?
 
Received my ATI test results today. Here are their recommendations. I have not experienced any new STN events in my tank to remaining SPS corals that could not be removed. I guess it was either the passage of time or the Koral Recover. Maybe a combination of the two. Guess I will have to wait and see. Sunday will be the end of treatment followed by a 20 percent water change. Keeping my fingers crossed that the event is in remission.


1625067675331.png
 
Last edited:
So I occasionally have had STN that creeps up the corals. Sometimes the causes are obvious, swings in tank parameters, etc. Other times not so much. I've had decent luck with using coral glue at the edge of the tissue damage and saving the coral tissue above. It seems to be like placing a tourniquet around the wound. I won't pretend it's always worked, but I have had some success with it, so it's anecdotal at best.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new