Considering a new tank... Community Input?

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Love my red sea tank, sump is perfect for my needs and stand is well constructed, only thing that I would note is the ATO as the valve gets easily clogged somehow even with nothing in it but water and this is somewhat annoying but not a deal breaker and can easily be replaced with a different ato. A lot of people also replace the down valve with a gate valve but I haven't had any issues with the stock one.
My first tank was red sea..

Good times

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys, I am narrowing down my options and so far I feel like the FijiCube is the best bang for my buck. 81 Gallon display with external overflow, dual return, sump and stand included, free shipping, for ~$1900 when on sale (I'll wait for a sale just to save). It's just not a Peninsula, which is fine, I can compromise for now. Are there any negatives anyone has with FijiCube? I noticed a few of you had issues with RedSea's ATO and one of you with the "system" itself. Just wondering if there are any gremlins I should be aware of with the FijiCube's.

Morphinel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, unfortunately not, 36" Long x 24" wide is the way I need to go
Get a innovativemarine 75g int. I have one now super nice and specs are an exact match for what you need. They run about $1900 but think they are having a special right now where you get a $150 gift card to top shelf aquatics

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a innovativemarine 75g int. I have one now super nice and specs are an exact match for what you need. They run about $1900 but think they are having a special right now where you get a $150 gift card to top shelf aquatics
Thanks! I looked at them as well, but their builds don't come with a sump, right? Trying to keep the total cost (Tank, Sump, Stand) to under $2,000 as that's what I have budgeted for this build.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Some good answers given already.
The one thing I will say. . In this hobby , if youre considering ANYTHING - you're out to buy it lol

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys, I am narrowing down my options and so far I feel like the FijiCube is the best bang for my buck. 81 Gallon display with external overflow, dual return, sump and stand included, free shipping, for ~$1900 when on sale (I'll wait for a sale just to save). It's just not a Peninsula, which is fine, I can compromise for now. Are there any negatives anyone has with FijiCube? I noticed a few of you had issues with RedSea's ATO and one of you with the "system" itself. Just wondering if there are any gremlins I should be aware of with the FijiCube's.
excellent choice @JNalley. sound decision criteria and you have a perfect fit. Cant wait to see it all come together. Please start a build thread. we will be watching. Exciting.

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got to thinking about my move (I know I'll be moving in approx 2 years from Missouri to either Austin, Texas (nbd), Virginia (one of two cities), D.C., or possibly Chicago, and since I have no idea currently which one, it's highly likely that any tank I can't move on my own will have to be sold and a new purchase made. So, instead of going with the Fiji, as much as I wanted to, I've decided to go with the ReefOctopus Lux T90. I got it for ~$1700.00 brand new (normally over $2100). It comes with return, skimmer, media reactor, sump, and working gravity fed ATO with 1.5g ATO Reservoir. I figure, when we move, I can upgrade my daughter to this tank, sell her Fluval Flex, and purchase the tank I want when we hit our next destination (will be there for 4-6 years most likely). So, be on the lookout for a new build thread, the new tank arrives Thursday, but I probably won't have time to do anything with it until Saturday.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back