Considering Copperband…again

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a copperband and a year or two ago I got one, but it wouldn’t eat. I finally got it to start eating live worms, but it was already too far gone. I just ordered a starter culture of white worms because I am considering trying again.
Aside from the whole eating issue I am now also a little concerned because I have a purple tang that is very dominant. When I first put in my foxface I had to use the mirror trick on the tang so he would quit harassing the foxface. I know every fish is different but how likely is it that the purple with attack the copperband?

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty likely, how far it will take it is anybody's guess. I use pieces of egg crate if I'm having problems I can slide one or even two down in the 250g and completely isolate fish if new addition aggression is going a bit far.

After a bit remove them and observe.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty likely, how far it will take it is anybody's guess. I use pieces of egg crate if I'm having problems I can slide one or even two down in the 250g and completely isolate fish if new addition aggression is going a bit far.

After a bit remove them and observe.
An acclimation box for the CBB would be an option, or I could also go back to the mirror trick. The purple tang was completely distracted by his reflection when I had to do it before.
Unfortunately blocking off part of the tank with egg crate wouldn’t work with my aqua scape.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An acclimation box for the CBB would be an option, or I could also go back to the mirror trick. The purple tang was completely distracted by his reflection when I had to do it before.
Unfortunately blocking off part of the tank with egg crate wouldn’t work with my aqua scape.
Just go back to the mirror trick. If it takes a week to get it to not attack the cbb, great! My scopas is a jurk. I will have to use a mirror as well for any fish I want to add. Just remove the mirror after you drop food in and see how the purple behaves. If you can, throw in an extra nori sheet for him to pick at as a distraction.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back