Consolidating Tanks - Stocking List

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Long story short I used to have a 75g with a 2.5 inch humu trigger and a 3" Yellow Tang and 20g reef tank with a pair of black and white clowns. The triggerfish passed away unfortunately and for a variety of reasons I have decided to not get another one and to consolidate the the tanks into the 75g.

So here's what I currently have:
3" Yellow Tang
2x Black and White Clownfish
Various CuC Snails and Hermits
War Coral
Red Plating Monti
20lbs. of established live rock from my reef
40 lbs. of dry marco rock (brand new)

I was also thinking to add:
1x Melanurus Wrasse
3x Damsels of some sort
More LPS corals

Too many fish or workeable?
The tank has a Reef Octopus 1000 HOB Skimmer and flow from a pair of Rossmont movers.

OP
OP
HumuhumuFan

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS only had 2 yellow-tailed damsels. Within the last two days one of the damsels beat the other one so bad I found it hiding on top of my skimmer outflow sponges. It's tail and scales are torn up badly. I moved it into my frag tank, but I had forgotten how annoying damselfish can be. I'm torn on whether or not to try to find another one and trying again with 3 or just letting this one heal up and giving it back to the LFS. If I was only going to keep one I wish I could get rid of the bully but capturing it in my display tank sounds miserable.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try capturing the bully, there was a thread recently about a way to capture fish in the DT, with plastic bags. You may want to look for it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back