controller and add-on help

Desgada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I don't know I've this is the right spot to post this. I am doing a very detailed plan for a 300g build. I just wanted to know where I can find info on controllers, and the best ones. I really don't know anything about them.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot go wrong with Apex. I have tried other controllers. However you will get the best support from Apex. It will do just about everything you will need it to do. Check out the Apex forum, you will see all sorts of questions answered there. This forum is great as well for answers and ideas.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the Apex is a great controller. Especially for someone new to using them. They have templets built in for basic controls of each component but it allows for advanced programming should you want to use it. Tons of functionality and scales nicely. You can even use one controller to control multiple tanks.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I will give you another chioce. It will depend on your needs which controller is best for you. I use the Archon by Digital Aquatics. I have had my Archon since December 2014. It is easy to program. It uses functions that have most of the programming setup for you. Some examples of the functions are skimmer, return pump, heater, fan and chiller to name just a few of them. Alarms can be setup to use any input or output port to trigger the alarm. The alarms have a hysteresis setting along with whether you want an email alert or not. Any output port can use any of the alarms. A single alarm can be used on multiple outputs or an output can use multiple alarms. The output can be set to turn on or off when the alarm is active. Once you setup a timer it can also be used on multiple output ports. The Archon has a built in wifi connection. It also has it own wifi network which you can select if needed. It can also be connected with a wired connection. The Archon is completly web based and can be accessed by smart phone, tablet or computer with a web browser. I use my iPad when I am at home. That makes it easy to control things at the tank or the garage where the rest of the support equipment is. Below is a screenshot of the Archon homepage using my iPad. You can choose which output and input tiles are displayed on this page. You can turn a output off or on or put it back in auto where the controller has control of the output from this page. you can also graph a output or input on this page by clicking the graph icon on the tile for the input or output.

IMG_1312.PNG

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big 3 are going to be the Neptune Apex, Digital Aquatics and the GHL Profilux. Any of the 3 will do anything you may need or want. It just seems to be a preference now days as they are all competitive with each other and you can't go wrong with any of these. The only thing that you may need in depth reading is which model will be right for your needs.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back