Controller that can take action based on power consumption results?

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My objective is to reduce potential for overdosing. Presumably the power draw of a doser increases during a dosing cycle vs when idle. So if it takes 1 minute to dose X amount of an additive, we know that if the elevated power draw lasts longer than one minute, there is a malfunction. Do any of the controllers via code have the logic to detect that power overdraw and turn off the unit to avoid overdosing?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My objective is to reduce potential for overdosing. Presumably the power draw of a doser increases during a dosing cycle vs when idle. So if it takes 1 minute to dose X amount of an additive, we know that if the elevated power draw lasts longer than one minute, there is a malfunction. Do any of the controllers via code have the logic to detect that power overdraw and turn off the unit to avoid overdosing?

The Neptune Apex has power monitoring on each outlet, which has programmable logic. I suppose you could code it to turn off the outlet if it was drawing over X watts for Y minutes.

However is you use their DOS, there is very little potential for failure in the first place. It is extremely reliable- it’s not just a simple DC motor that goes on based on having power. It has stepper motors, so the controller must be actively telling it to dose in order for the heads to rotate/ “take a step”.

OP
OP
Fish E

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Apex has power monitoring on each outlet, which has programmable logic. I suppose you could code it to turn off the outlet if it was drawing over X watts for Y minutes.

However is you use their DOS, there is very little potential for failure in the first place. It is extremely reliable- it’s not just a simple DC motor that goes on based on having power. It has stepper motors, so the controller must be actively telling it to dose in order for the heads to rotate/ “take a step”.
Exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back