Controller <x> Google Home Integration

meta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automation and controller wise, I currently use 4x TP-Tapo plugs with Google Assistant voice commands / device specific controllers.
It's good for what it is, despite being limited (expansion, sensors, logical programming, etc).

That's why I want to upgrade. But ideally, to an ecosystem that supports Google Assistant voice commands.
I have grown way too accustomed to issuing commands whilst my hands are in the water / or the general ease.

Whilst researching the bigger names; Apex, GHL, Reef-PI -- I came to realize none of them "really" support Google Home / assistant "natively".
Nor did I find up-to-date information upon it. The exception to the rule would be Apex, which still maybe has an active workaround method.

Anyone out there with experience or information to share? Would be appreciated!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I feel like I'm in the stone age here, fumbling with my phone... This is what Neptune has on the Apex requirements for Alexa.

OP
OP
M

meta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I feel like I'm in the stone age here, fumbling with my phone... This is what Neptune has on the Apex requirements for Alexa.

That's unfortunately for Alexa -- which isn't really that great (perhaps subjective) in this part of the world.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back