Controlling Current USA eFlux Wave Pump from Raspberry Pi via ESC

JohnRLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my reef tank controlled with a raspberry pi.

I'd like to integrate the control of my Current USA eFlux Wave Pumps. The cables have three conductors. They appear to not have any room for electronics in the pump head itself. I would guess that it is a standard brushless dc motor (BLDC), and their hub/display could be swapped out with a brushless electronic speed control (BESC) commonly used in the RC aircraft/heli/car hobby. One could then easily send a PWM signal to the BESC and have it drive the wave pump.

Has anyone gone down this path of hooking one up this way to confirm?
- Is the wave pump just a BLDC?
- Have you successfully controlled it with a BESC?
- Do you happen to know where to source the connectors that they use on their hub?

level16gazebo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have my reef tank controlled with a raspberry pi.

I'd like to integrate the control of my Current USA eFlux Wave Pumps. The cables have three conductors. They appear to not have any room for electronics in the pump head itself. I would guess that it is a standard brushless dc motor (BLDC), and their hub/display could be swapped out with a brushless electronic speed control (BESC) commonly used in the RC aircraft/heli/car hobby. One could then easily send a PWM signal to the BESC and have it drive the wave pump.

Has anyone gone down this path of hooking one up this way to confirm?
- Is the wave pump just a BLDC?
- Have you successfully controlled it with a BESC?
- Do you happen to know where to source the connectors that they use on their hub?
I don't suppose you ended up trying it?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back