Convict tang brown spots all over

Brett101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My convict tang is currently itching on the sand so I know in fact it has ich and I’m currently treating with cupramine. And he seems to be doing better he’s eating well and swimming around a lot but I’ve been noticing these brownish yellow marks all over him and it doesn’t look normal. Any idea what It is?

image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pic ,and or video will help experts

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My convict tang is currently itching on the sand so I know in fact it has ich and I’m currently treating with cupramine. And he seems to be doing better he’s eating well and swimming around a lot but I’ve been noticing these brownish yellow marks all over him and it doesn’t look normal. Any idea what It is?

image.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Pictures under white light and additional background information is needed. This post explains that:

It could be flukes or scrape marks or bacterial issues, we need to try and narrow that down for you.

Jay

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Cupramine, looks like the fish is still in a display with sand/rock. Are you testing the copper level to make sure it remains high enough?

OP
OP
B

Brett101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Cupramine, looks like the fish is still in a display with sand/rock. Are you testing the copper level to make sure it remains high enough?
Yeah I am testing it it’s sitting around 0.3 at the moment. I didn’t have access to a QT tank at the time so I had to treat the display and save all my fish. I’d rather save 500 dollars worth or fish than 80 dollars of inverts. Also I’m still dosing it in small amounts so it doesn’t spike to high.

OP
OP
B

Brett101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Pictures under white light and additional background information is needed. This post explains that:

It could be flukes or scrape marks or bacterial issues, we need to try and narrow that down for you.

Jay
Do you need another picture? I’m just seeing brown marks like covering his whole body. But he’s still eating super well and swimming around still. But still itching.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need another picture? I’m just seeing brown marks like covering his whole body. But he’s still eating super well and swimming around still. But still itching.
Blue lights make it a lot more difficult to see the fish clearly.
Jay

OP
OP
B

Brett101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue lights make it a lot more difficult to see the fish clearly.
Jay
I can’t get white lighting it’ll mess up my lighting scale but this is what he looks like you can see it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 32

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t get white lighting it’ll mess up my lighting scale but this is what he looks like you can see it.

Sorry - I still can't see enough to be able to rule out any of my original three diagnoses. We can go by a process of elimination - since you already began the copper, take it up to the full 0.50 ppm dose. Then, after three days, if the issue persists, then switch to Prazipro for flukes (two doses, 8 days apart, with good aeration).

Another option would be to pull the invertebrates and go with hyposalinity.

Try to give us more background information as outlined in the post I sent. Other fish in the tank, are they showing symptoms, full water chems, etc. Is the convict breathing fast?

Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back