Cooling down aquarium in hot temperatures

What type of cover is on the tank? I removed my glass and went with a mesh cover, saved me a couple degrees. I also changed out my AC pumps for DC, there is another couple degrees. I did invest in a chiller only because I didn't want to keep the house that cold.
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF
 
I just use a fan above the water and it blows onto the water surface. Awesome at keeping my tank cool. Live in AZ and it works well here, especially since we are so dry. It does increase evaporation but it isn't hard to keep up with ATO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new