Cooper banded angel not eating

  • Thread starter Thread starter recess62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

recess62

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
919
Reaction score
689
Location
Pound Ridge, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
Got this guy from live aquaria last week. I can not get this fish to eat. Have tried Frozen misis, coral frenzy, nuri green and red, doc Eco super egg and oyster egg. All with and without garlic. I even ordered live black worms and still no luck. Fwiw my fresh water fish love the worms. Is this guy destined for the grave? Any suggestions?
 
Soak the food in ATM paradigm. I've used it on loads of picky eaters.
 
I've read some have success with live clams on the half shell
 
Try a a frozen food called Hikarii mega marine angel. Its a mix on sponge, and abunch of other random things that foragers love to eat. ITs ablend of made into small bite size pieces for the fish. All foragers like tangs, angels, parrots and butterflys love the taste, and might even like the texture also>
 
ATM Paradigm is a water conditioner that containers vit c and aloe Vera. Stressed fish are attracted to it. A lot of shops have started putting a squirt of it into fish bags when they transport fish. I use it in water changes and I soak food if I have a fish that doesn't eat
 
image.jpeg
 
Try a a frozen food called Hikarii mega marine angel. Its a mix on sponge, and abunch of other random things that foragers love to eat. ITs ablend of made into small bite size pieces for the fish. All foragers like tangs, angels, parrots and butterflys love the taste, and might even like the texture also>
I found this locally gonna try this
 
Following. Please post your results, I had a coral beauty do the exact same thing. Nipped and picked at rocks all day, would not eat ANYTHING, I tried soaking food as well. It eventually developed a bacteria illness and died in QT. Good luck!
 
Yeah just poir it over the food and let it soak in. I've ised it with flake, soft pellet and grazers. Good luck. It's all natural so you can't over dos or anyone
 
An update. I tried the hikari mega marine angel and it did at least mouth some of the food. It seemed to spit it out though. I also tried some freshly shucked and purée clams and it did seem to eat a few very small pieces. I am a little more hopeful
 
You do mean copper banded butterfly right? What else is in the rank with it? Any aggression towards it?
 
Live blackworms, live brine. Those two are critical to get these guys eating, as is keeping stress down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new