Coopersafe

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am quarantine couple fish in a 20 gallon long with a canister filter with only bio balls and a aquaclear hob. I am using coopersafe and dosed 22ml (dosed 11ml the 1st day and 11ml the next day) based off of having 18 gallons. Well the past 5 days my reading are all over the place, using Hanna cooper high range. Day 1 was 1.59, day 2 3.66, day 3 1.88, day 4 3.52 and today 1.64. What is going on or is it operator error? I am following Hanna instructions to the tee. Please help.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,
I am quarantine couple fish in a 20 gallon long with a canister filter with only bio balls and a aquaclear hob. I am using coopersafe and dosed 22ml (dosed 11ml the 1st day and 11ml the next day) based off of having 18 gallons. Well the past 5 days my reading are all over the place, using Hanna cooper high range. Day 1 was 1.59, day 2 3.66, day 3 1.88, day 4 3.52 and today 1.64. What is going on or is it operator error? I am following Hanna instructions to the tee. Please help.
So - let's start at the start. I'm assuming you are not adding or subtracting water or copper?

Second - Assume you're following the instructions - and the chemicals are not expired?

Third - have you tried doing lets say 3 tests one after another - and comparing the results. If they differ by much, there is either a problem with the unit or a problem with your technique.

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - let's start at the start. I'm assuming you are not adding or subtracting water or copper?

Second - Assume you're following the instructions - and the chemicals are not expired?

Third - have you tried doing lets say 3 tests one after another - and comparing the results. If they differ by much, there is either a problem with the unit or a problem with your technique.
No. Haven't did a water change yet. I am aware that copper needs to be added to the freshly made saltwater. Topping off with rodi with no copper, is that correct? Coppersafe and hanna packets are within dates. No, I have not done them back to back to back. I will try that. Thanks!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. Haven't did a water change yet. I am aware that copper needs to be added to the freshly made saltwater. Topping off with rodi with no copper, is that correct? Coppersafe and hanna packets are within dates. No, I have not done them back to back to back. I will try that. Thanks!
Yes you should top off 'evaporated' water with RODI.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back