Copopods or flatworms?

oceanna

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to saltwater aquariums. I received corals two weeks ago and they’re still in my corantine tank. Recently, I’ve started seeing a small creature. I’m not sure if it’s a flatworm, copopod, or something else. Could you please help me identify it? Is it safe? Should I remove it to prevent it from entering my main aquarium? Also, I want to mention that my corantine tank has experienced a significant increase in diatom algae.

IMG_5417.jpeg IMG_5418.jpeg IMG_5420.jpeg
 
As I can observe, it bounces erratically and rapidly on glass. However, some of them don’t move.
 
Upvote 0
This is a sterile quarantine fish tank with no sand or life rocks. There are just new coral fragments in the aquarium, which have been in it for two weeks.
 
Upvote 0
I think they are pods that hitch hiked in on the coral. the tank was sterile till you added something from another tank.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new