Copper band butterfly

rusty dowell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
145
Reaction score
55
Location
louisville ky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new copper band butterfly in a isolation tank. I bought him some live muscles.
The question is I have a bag full. Do I put the rest in the refugem?

IMG_9546.jpeg
 
I freeze them, I would not want them to potentially die in your fuge.

I have kept clams (like little neck) alive in the fridge by putting them in a strainer over a pan then covering them with ice, add new ice as it melts. The strainer is to keep them from drowning but I assume that is because no flow or because people might use freshwater? hm. I only did it for a few days then froze them.

Looks like @Paul B has done it but says they will starve quickly

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...-their-systems-what-are-the-pros-cons.652262/
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new