Copper banded butterfly

Here is the picture of my Copperband feeding on its weekly clam. In the picture the clam is open too wide. I keep the opening smaller now to prevent the my wrasse and Yellow Tang from eating most of the clam. In the picture you can see my Longnose Hawkfish waiting for bits to be pulled out. Also, there is an Aborned Wrasse enroute to the check on the clam!

IMG_6315.jpeg
Dumb question, but do you open the clam then rinse out the clam before you tie down to the rock or are you just talking about rinsing the outside of the shell before you put it in the tank?
 
Dumb question, but do you open the clam then rinse out the clam before you tie down to the rock or are you just talking about rinsing the outside of the shell before you put it in the tank?
I rinse the clam when I bring it back from the seaside market, then freeze it. I would only rinse again later if Inwas in a rush and ran under hot tap water to defrost faster. In that case I would rinse with RODI before putting into the tank.
 
20251128_182936_8FAB4E27-6CBB-48E6-918D-3E456A70D1CC.png
Not the best picture because there’s algae on glass but he’s going after his first clam , I think it’s bigger than he is. boy they are laid-back eaters lol ….:thanks for your advice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new