Copper in display tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter epsteino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
lol

Cuprisorb does work well for binding copper.

I used it for a month in a reactor (even changed it out a few times during that month) and re-tested with Triton and CU did not go down at all. The following month I used triton detox, and CU went down substantially the following month when I tested again. That was my experience. Maybe it works better with CU in certain forms, idk.
 
I used it for a month in a reactor (even changed it out a few times during that month) and re-tested with Triton and CU did not go down at all. The following month I used triton detox, and CU went down substantially the following month when I tested again. That was my experience. Maybe it works better with CU in certain forms, idk.

It can be hard to interpret such an experiment without knowing when and how the copper got there. It might be an ongoing addition, in which case any binder may make just a short term effect.
 
It can be hard to interpret such an experiment without knowing when and how the copper got there. It might be an ongoing addition, in which case any binder may make just a short term effect.

It was from rust I believe. And the copper has stayed low. I just got another Triton report today
 
Rust is an oxidation reaction forming iron oxide... there is no Cu involved in the process. If anything you would get excess iron in the tank
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new