Copper in display tank

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

Cuprisorb does work well for binding copper.

I used it for a month in a reactor (even changed it out a few times during that month) and re-tested with Triton and CU did not go down at all. The following month I used triton detox, and CU went down substantially the following month when I tested again. That was my experience. Maybe it works better with CU in certain forms, idk.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for a month in a reactor (even changed it out a few times during that month) and re-tested with Triton and CU did not go down at all. The following month I used triton detox, and CU went down substantially the following month when I tested again. That was my experience. Maybe it works better with CU in certain forms, idk.

It can be hard to interpret such an experiment without knowing when and how the copper got there. It might be an ongoing addition, in which case any binder may make just a short term effect.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be hard to interpret such an experiment without knowing when and how the copper got there. It might be an ongoing addition, in which case any binder may make just a short term effect.

It was from rust I believe. And the copper has stayed low. I just got another Triton report today

deftonead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rust is an oxidation reaction forming iron oxide... there is no Cu involved in the process. If anything you would get excess iron in the tank

Back