Copper level

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper level.

What do you all think?.... I think .5......(hard to read, still waiting on hanna copper tester to arrive)

Seachem cupramine. Salifert copper test.

Thanks everyone.

C1CE854E-D3E2-4371-9B27-7C5449B2D73C.jpeg

OP
OP
new2reefing123

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But . . . keep in mind the Hanna's margin of error is 0.05 ppm +/- :eek:
Wow..... I just read some of humble fish reports about copper and treatments, apparently cupramine is a copper that has extremely very little room for therapeutic level and that copper safe is much better to use. Oh well, live and learn.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow..... I just read some of humble fish reports about copper and treatments, apparently cupramine is a copper that has extremely very little room for therapeutic level and that copper safe is much better to use. Oh well, live and learn.
"Chelated" coppers like Copper Power or Coppersafe are a larger dose of copper and a wider therapeutic range. Much more wiggle room for error.
That being said, with the Hanna, using Cupramine, is much safer to dose now than with those color matching test kits.

OP
OP
new2reefing123

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Chelated" coppers like Copper Power or Coppersafe are a larger dose of copper and a wider therapeutic range. Much more wiggle room for error.
That being said, with the Hanna, using Cupramine, is much safer to dose now than with those color matching test kits.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back