• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Copper level

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Copper level.

What do you all think?.... I think .5......(hard to read, still waiting on hanna copper tester to arrive)

Seachem cupramine. Salifert copper test.

Thanks everyone.

C1CE854E-D3E2-4371-9B27-7C5449B2D73C.jpeg

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
new2reefing123

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
But . . . keep in mind the Hanna's margin of error is 0.05 ppm +/- :eek:
Wow..... I just read some of humble fish reports about copper and treatments, apparently cupramine is a copper that has extremely very little room for therapeutic level and that copper safe is much better to use. Oh well, live and learn.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Wow..... I just read some of humble fish reports about copper and treatments, apparently cupramine is a copper that has extremely very little room for therapeutic level and that copper safe is much better to use. Oh well, live and learn.
"Chelated" coppers like Copper Power or Coppersafe are a larger dose of copper and a wider therapeutic range. Much more wiggle room for error.
That being said, with the Hanna, using Cupramine, is much safer to dose now than with those color matching test kits.

OP
new2reefing123

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
"Chelated" coppers like Copper Power or Coppersafe are a larger dose of copper and a wider therapeutic range. Much more wiggle room for error.
That being said, with the Hanna, using Cupramine, is much safer to dose now than with those color matching test kits.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Do you have a iPad or similar type screen mounted somewhere near your tank for control or display?

• YES

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • NO

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Pieces of the Ocean