Copper power dosing

Mike7744

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help dosing with copper power.
I have a 15 gallon tank and I started out with a dose. Of just under 1 oz of Copper Power. I am using a Seachem copper test kit, but it only measures up to 1.0 mg/L which is 1ppm . How do I get to the therapeutic dose if I can't measure it?
I don't know how to do this.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 gallon tank and I started out with a dose. Of just under 1 oz of Copper Power. I am using a Seachem copper test kit, but it only measures up to 1.0 mg/L which is 1ppm . How do I get to the therapeutic dose if I can't measure it?
Good question. Most people use the Hanna high range tester. If you are very careful, you can mix up some fresh seawater without copper in it. Then, mix it with tank water 75:25 run the test and multiply the result by 4. So, let’s say your tank is at 2.0 copper. You dilute it with non coppered seawater with a 3:1 ratio and it will test out at 0.5 ppm, multiply by 4 = a true reading of 2.0

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If i recall at a seminar last fall, it was mentioned to apply at 1.45ml per gallon of water.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back