Copper Treatment with Auto-Water Change

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up an AWC on my QT, but with the ability to toggle it off when I have active copper treatment so I can keep it stable between 2.25 -2.5ppm.

Before I finalize my plans, I wanted to check here to see if I was missing a good way to have an AWC run while also treating copper?

I can't think of a way to have ~10% of the tank volume change daily without risking the copper potentially dipping too low or high.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm setting up an AWC on my QT, but with the ability to toggle it off when I have active copper treatment so I can keep it stable between 2.25 -2.5ppm.

Before I finalize my plans, I wanted to check here to see if I was missing a good way to have an AWC run while also treating copper?

I can't think of a way to have ~10% of the tank volume change daily without risking the copper potentially dipping too low or high.
While AWC is an awesome concept, for the 4 week period, I would disable it to maintain steady copper level and change water manually as needed

OP
OP
Stevorino

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While AWC is an awesome concept, for the 4 week period, I would disable it to maintain steady copper level and change water manually as needed
Cool, that's what I was thinking as well. I appreciate the confirmation!

BTW - Thank you so much for your help, along with @Jay Hemdal and some of the other guys on here. All my fish got through Velvet QT and are back in the main display doing great. I even got one of the anthias to shift to male during the process :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back