Copperband and Tridacna

Engelquist

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
38
Location
Denmark
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering a Copperband to fight Aiptasia- BUT I got a fairly big Tridacna... Problem???
IMG_2779.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I’ve not kept a copperband with a tridacna, but I know my copperband loves regular clams.

I’m sure it’s doable..probably depends on the individual fish.

What about an aptasia eating filefish or peppermint shrimp?
 
I’ve not kept a copperband with a tridacna, but I know my copperband loves regular clams.

I’m sure it’s doable..probably depends on the individual fish.

What about an aptasia eating filefish or peppermint shrimp?
I got two peppermint, but they don't seems to eat Aiptasia...
I don't know about Filefish... it seems to be a lottery to get an Aiptasia eating one..?
 
I got two peppermint, but they don't seems to eat Aiptasia...
I don't know about Filefish... it seems to be a lottery to get an Aiptasia eating one..?
Keep in mind some copperbands actually won’t touch aptasia either.

Maybe get your peppermints from a different source. You really want this species:

Lysmata wurdemanni
 
If you sole goal is natural control/elimination of aiptasia — versus dreaming of having a copperband, then it might be worth trying burghia nudibranchs instead.
I got peppermints and Lysmata amboinensis, so I will only be feeding my shrimps if I put Burghia in my tank...
 
I wouldn't risk the copperband with a clam, personally. Even nibbling will have the clam irritated.

How widespread is the aiptasia problem? in my frag tank, I have been removing rocks one by one and putting them in a bucket with an airstone full of berghia and letting them do their work like that, then swapping out the clean rocks for a new aiptasia rock from the tank, which has been working well and keeps the nudis from becoming snacks.
 
I have a coperband in with a Maxima and two Derasas. It's only been 10 weeks, but no trouble so far. The fish will have to go if it starts nipping my clams. I haven't seen an aiptasia for weeks though!
Are you Copperband eating other food, beside aiptasia?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new