Copperband black spots

MartinGrimwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is eating well. Not showing any signs of irritation but has a dark patch on his tail ( seen in the pic) and small black dots on a pectoral fin. Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated.

550A1470-B19B-4873-929C-83A7A78B34CF.jpeg

Yas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the exact same symptom as yours on my copperband when I introduced him. I thought it could have been so-called "ammonia burn."

Though my ammonia level was nearly zero, my tester was very rough, like 0 and then 0.2, and I doubted it could have been somewhere between 0 and 0.2, not zero. I had been trying every food, such as clam, mysis, pellet, flake, raw, frozen, dried, etc., so heavily that time trying to let him eat. So there must have been raised ammonia, I believe.

In the same tank, all other fish were totally fine, but because my copperband was newly introduced that time, I thought he had been having some stress, which had weakened his immune system a bit.

But it was gone in about two weeks, and now he is healthy. So I believe you do not have to worry about him much as long as your water quality is ok and he shows no sign of itching.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back