901a540cb5418e0a838c4b65b02c5b1b.jpg

Soon he will have a double chin.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
none of my fish ever seemed to like bloodworms ever.

Mine won't touch live bloodworms either. Had to start with live brine shrimp, then frozen brine shrimp, then a mix of LRS and frozen brine (but he still mostly tries to pick out the brine shrimp). I'm trying to get him to go after more of the LRS since brine shrimp are not very nutritious.

Betty1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start my butterflies on oysters in opened shell. They don't seem to take to clams much but will go nuts over oysters. After a few weeks, I add a little frozen food (LRS Reef Frenzy) to the shell with the oyster. A few weeks later, they are usually eating frozen food with oyster once a week as a treat.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start my butterflies on oysters in opened shell. They don't seem to take to clams much but will go nuts over oysters.

Neat idea, I will have to give that a try. I've been reluctant to train mine on clams since I don't want him to get the wrong idea about the three Tridacna that I have...

For the people who feed clams to their copperbands, do you also have Tridacna clams, and if so, do the copperbands bother the Tridacna?

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: my copperband is still doing fine eating frozen food more agressively now hopefully he stays healthy!!

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447360956.050570.jpg

Here is my CCB he's in the acclimation box I built. 1 or 2 days and he's released into the DT assuming no one shows any aggression while he's in there.
When I first got him he was eating mysis, sort of, he'd eat one or 2 then show little interest. Live black worms were the trick. He gobbles them up. So do most of the fish in the DT. To that end I built a feeder just for him out of 1/2" PVC with an end cap glued on and a clip to hand on the tank. I then drilled holes around the bottom that only his snout will fit into as he likes to eye his food before eating. I was worried given my tangs are such pigs at feeding time he wouldn't get enough to eat. I was able to train him in a couple of days to eat from it while in QT.
I just hope none of the current fish show any aggression. Last night no one really paid any attention. This morning I put the nori clip up near the box so the tangs might have to give him a look. Hope they continue to ignore him as I love his character and want to get him into the large display tank so he can roam and forage among the rocks. I think he's gettin a bit stir crazy in the QT and acclimation box.

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does anyone know if copperbands will take copper treatment in qt? I got mine via wholesale on wed and it hasnt eaten yet. Tried it with live brine and black worms. It doesnt seem very active and I was wondering if it might be the copper in the qt tank.
thanks
Jeff

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does anyone know if copperbands will take copper treatment in qt? I got mine via wholesale on wed and it hasnt eaten yet. Tried it with live brine and black worms. It doesnt seem very active and I was wondering if it might be the copper in the qt tank.
thanks
Jeff

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for just a little while. My YT was too aggressive towards it =( ... at the beginning it was eating mysis and going after some aptesias .
It's to me one of the most beautiful fish ever.

Mykulak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for just a little while. My YT was too aggressive towards it =( ... at the beginning it was eating mysis and going after some aptesias .
It's to me one of the most beautiful fish ever.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I try to give my CB a competitive advantage at feeding time. Unfortunately the yellow flanked wrasse and the pyramid have figured out how to take advantage also.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to have one but something is holding me back.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment. I keep reading about how live blackworms are a good food for Copperbands, but this kind of worm is unknown in the UK. Are they a marine worm or a terrestrial [earth]worm?

Freshwater worm; they die after a minute or so once exposed to saltwater, but the wiggling around they do while still alive seems to entice a feeding response in marine fish.

Wikipedia claims they are also found in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbriculus_variegatus

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am hoping mine will start eating soon. I got it wed and still isnt eating yet. Came in wholesale so I wasnt able to make sure it was eating. It is more active swimming around today. It did take a look at the live brine shrimp but didnt take any.
Jeff

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a stupid question, but assuming a CCB would find and eradicate an aiptasia infestation, after that, are they proned to start enjoying other corals types? Have any CCB owners experienced this?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back