Copperband feeding issue and redish spot on tummy

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by nanomania, Jul 7, 2017.

1. nanomania

nanomania Well-Known Member

Hey guys i recently got a cbb, fed it live bloodworms and mysis. It eats once twice, then stops eating. Why so? Atleast i know its eating, but why not everything? Its slim, but still looks healthy as per its swimming pattern.

Secondly it has a reddish/pinkish spot on the stomach, below is a video and a few screen shots. Its very difficult to click pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tags:
  2. JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award PMAS Member

So you are saying that it was eating fine and now it won't? How long has it not been eating for? I only kind of see the spot that you are talking about, but if it is still in QT you could always run some antibiotics to stay off any infection. Lets get more eyes on this #reefsquad

Humblefish likes this.
  3. nanomania

I mean it eats, but just one or two worms, even though all are alive. Same with mysis, though frozen, it eats one or two, then doesnt eat the rest. It doeant ignore, it knows theres food, but still wont eat. Pretty wierd. Lol. Yes, plannin to dose metro kana and furan2, just thst i want it to start eating first as its too thin.

4. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member

I can't see it in the video, but the "reddish/pinkish spot on the stomach" concerns me as it could be the start of a bacterial infection.

5. nanomania

So same treatment? metro kana and furan 2?

However after adding carbon in tang tank as it was twiching, ich or infection is 90% gone, also started eating. But still hates light.

Do i do same treatment for cbb and purple tang??? Different tanks. Do i wait for cbb to start eating properly and gain some weight??

6. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member

Yes, but remove carbon as it will pull meds out of the water.

Unless the PT is showing signs of infection, do not treat with antibiotics. However, is it the PT or CBB that is twitching?

7. ngoodermuth

ngoodermuth Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award

I don't see the pink spot either, but copperbands are notorious for getting these "red spot" bacterial infections. Yes, the treatment would be Kanaplex + metroplex + Furan-2. The eating sounds pretty typical of a new copperband. Just keep offering small amounts, frequently.

8. nanomania

PT was twitching when i added cupramine, now its not. Any reason whyvit hates light? After keepong it on for a while, it comes out and swims, but it doesnt like. I got it from a friends tank who kept it Under a very blue light, mine is much brighter.

I had added carbon in the morning, do i remove now or in the morning, then dose the meds? Do i add cp too or not needed? We dont have cu test kits available here in india as of now.. :(

9. ngoodermuth

For the tang, I think you should address the parasites before worrying about antibiotics. Copper or CP.

Humblefish likes this.
  10. nanomania

Unless the PT is showing signs of infection, do not treat with antibiotics. [/QUOTE]

The infections has reduced to 90%

11. nanomania

Its too thin, just a bit afraid what if the antibiotics makes it not eat at all :( or i take the risk?

12. nanomania

Its so dam wierd, 90% has improved, but still scared of light.. :( id like to add cp, but cu testkits are not availabe as of now.. :(

13. Humblefish

+1 Twitching with a CBB can just mean a feeding response. But for a tang, it usually indicates parasites or worms inside the gills.

nanomania likes this.
  14. nanomania

Twitching is no longer there. Its eating well, 90% infection or whatever it was, is gone. Is it possible it was hurt toomuch before due to over crowding?

15. ngoodermuth

Maybe just keep an eye on it for now and try to get a few more good feedings in. If the spot starts to get more red or larger you will need to dose the antibiotics ASAP regardless of how it's eating.

16. ngoodermuth

I agree. Have you done a fw dip on him yet to check for flukes? Now that I think about it, that's a good possibility.

Humblefish likes this.
  17. nanomania

No, but since its looking much healthy, after adding carbon and recovering from the infection, im gona start the treatment of kana metro furan2 tomorow. I have api general cure (has prazi and metro) which ill mix with food and focus and try feeding it. I bought the tang from a friend who had it since a year, and was very healthy.

18. nanomania

Hi guys today i dosed metro 200mg, kana 500mg and 1 pack of furan 2 to my 15g qt for my purple tang.

Since the infection has really decreased, ill redose after 48hrs. For howmany days i do the same? Can i add prazipro?

@Humblefish @ngoodermuth

19. Humblefish

@nanomania

For the Kanamycin & Metronidazole, every 48 hrs.

Furan-2 directions are a bit more tricky (see below).

Keep this concoction going for at least 10 days.

nanomania likes this.
  20. nanomania

Oh, so ill dose furan2 tomotow morning again and other a day after?

Can i dose furan2 with food and focus? So that way it gets to eat some too.

Can i dose prazipro?