Copperband from Live Aquaria

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late now, but did you ever feed it with medicated food?
If I had a fish that was eating well but still getting progressively thinner, I'd be thinking of intestinal parasites or worms.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late now, but did you ever feed it with medicated food?
If I had a fish that was eating well but still getting progressively thinner, I'd be thinking of intestinal parasites or worms.

No I never did. Good idea. I had bought it from Divers Den and I had never lost a fish from there until now.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen 1 on Divers den in the last few months and hardly see any at the LFS. I want to order one from Live Aquaria, but want opinions on whether Indonesia is a better choice than Singapore. Has anyone order the Copperband from live aquaria?

Thanks

I've gotten two from LA, both did great. I did not get them off divers den. I also got very small ones. They took to eating mysis very quickly and were always fat and happy.

OP
OP
Eggpaul

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered another CBB , this time off live aquaria since I couldn't find it on Divers den. It's been 2 weeks and it is eating non stop (mysis, plankton, clams). It is smart and even eats out of a little jar with holes (training so when it's in the main tank it doesnt starve). But I think it has lympho. It had a few on it's tail when it was delivered. But it has spread. I did a 20% water change . Attached pics are from Sept 12 and Sept 18. It's on the edges of all the fins. Should I keep in QT until it goes away? Last time my CBB had lympho it didnt go away until it was placed in the Display tank.

20190918_103334.jpg 20190912_071000.jpg

Todd1white

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially I got 2. One didn't make it through the night. But Bob here has been going strong for a little over a year now. Started him on Masstick, and clams on the half shell, but he quickly took to LRS all the frenzys. I feed the tank twice a day and I always watch to see that Bob is getting his fair share. I got him to take care of aiptasia and he sure did that! 2-3 weeks and he cleared up a massive outbreak. They are extremely beautiful fish and seem to be extremely fragile too. Sad to lose any of the fish in our care.

IMG_1942.JPG

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is like throwing money away trying to keep them alive. Most are not successful and I bet rare they make it a year.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered another CBB , this time off live aquaria since I couldn't find it on Divers den. It's been 2 weeks and it is eating non stop (mysis, plankton, clams). It is smart and even eats out of a little jar with holes (training so when it's in the main tank it doesnt starve). But I think it has lympho. It had a few on it's tail when it was delivered. But it has spread. I did a 20% water change . Attached pics are from Sept 12 and Sept 18. It's on the edges of all the fins. Should I keep in QT until it goes away? Last time my CBB had lympho it didnt go away until it was placed in the Display tank.

20190918_103334.jpg 20190912_071000.jpg
Does seem like lympho. Since it goes away on it’s own with good nutrition and reduced stress, you could give it a couple more weeks in QT and tr adding live blackworms to the diet. That live food works wonders.

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had success using a pvc feeder like this -

I started by opening up a clam in quarantine and slowly the CB started picking at it (took days). I then made the feeder. I started by putting the whole clam on top of it with a rubber band. Then removed the meat and put it inside the cap but leaving the shell on top as a visual cue. Then without the shell on top. After a little while I would put other foods inside the cap.

You can then transfer it across to your DT. The CB is probably the only fish that can reach the food inside so they can eat at their leisure. They seem to instinctively like to examine and eye-ball what they want to eat so the feeder is perfect for this.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back