COR 20 VOLT Error| Video Embedded

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all, I just did a water change tonight and completed it. I went to turn the COR back on via Alexa. That didn't work. THen I went to the Dashboard and tried to do it that way (Manually). That didn't work as well. I noticed a "RED VOLT" on the dash board as well as the Controller flashing RED and the Third LED flashing RED as well. So far, I searched online and I think I see others saying its a power bar/brick issue...but nothing solid so far. Quick video below

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP

Seriously? Nobody can offer this person some help?
I would, but I don't even know what the COR is!

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured out the situation and it is the power supply; it stopped working...Which cost about $50 + shipping via Neptune's website. I couldn't find a 24V/100-240 power supply on Amazon...IF anyone knows of one on Amazon, let me know. Locally, No one had the power supply by itself, but One store had the One link Kit, which uses the same power supply. I had to purchase the kit for $150 so I can utilize the power-supply on the COR 20 controller. I also found out through Neptune, that the COR-20 and I assume COR 15 as well, is only warrantied for ONE YEAR, I purchased mine in OCT 2018 for $324.00..after that you would have to figure out something else...

Attachments

• 20210129_202506.jpg
    20210129_202506.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 20210130_103037.jpg
    20210130_103037.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 299

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured out the situation and it is the power supply; it stopped working...Which cost about $50 + shipping via Neptune's website. I couldn't find a 24V/100-240 power supply on Amazon...IF anyone knows of one on Amazon, let me know. Locally, No one had the power supply by itself, but One store had the One link Kit, which uses the same power supply. I had to purchase the kit for $150 so I can utilize the power-supply on the COR 20 controller. I also found out through Neptune, that the COR-20 and I assume COR 15 as well, is only warrantied for ONE YEAR, I purchased mine in OCT 2018 for $324.00..after that you would have to figure out something else
@jphilip813 Just wanted to say thank you for this thread! :) It reminded me of the solution...

I have had this same problem, turn off the power for maintenance and the pump won't come on... volt error.
After cleaning and reassembling, and then contacting Neptune support, learned it could be a worn out power brick.

Just put my spare brick on the equipment board, time to buy another spare.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jphilip813 Just wanted to say thank you for this thread! :) It reminded me of the solution...

I have had this same problem, turn off the power for maintenance and the pump won't come on... volt error.
After cleaning and reassembling, and then contacting Neptune support, learned it could be a worn out power brick.

Just put my spare brick on the equipment board, time to buy another spare.
Yeah, in this hobby, there are somethings you have to plan for that You would never think of doing with OTHER items just in gerneal....Extra power supply brick..."Where Dey Do DAt AT"?

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump
I run dual COR-20s on my 250 gal system. I liked the idea of having two return pumps to prevent ever being without at least one. Well...... Murphys law I guess.

Ive had these pumps going for 2 years without problem at 60-70%. Wasn't even aware of a potential power block problem. Last night all the sudden one pump goes down. Volt error. I crank up the 2nd pump to 90% to help compensate figuring Id figure it out today. I get up, turn off working pump so I can take both out of the sump to clean. I end up finding a dead and half chewed up fish in the first pump. The one that turned off last night. How a fish got through my overflow, through my reef mat, through my fuge overflow, through the bubble trap, through the protection screen on my COR-20 Ill never know! Anyway I figure thats what the problem was. Clean both pumps. Re-install and expect everything to be back to normal. Nope. Neither works. Volt error on both now. I panic as I don't really have a back up pump. Didn't think I needed one since I have two return pumps running...

Start reading and come across this thread along with multiple others. Call around and no one sells these power bricks separately. A new one shipped takes two days most likely to get to me. I end up calling an electronics store near by and they really helped me out. I ended up buying one good quality power supply that is more than capable of running both and has a fan. They say this should last for many years since its well made, has a fan and my pumps won't even be pushing its capacity. They cut the adapter plug ends off the old bricks and attached them along with one of the power cords to this new power supply. Installed into my cabinet and bingo. I let everything run for an hour and this thing never even got warm. And all for a total of $60. I did have to reduce my pumps down from 70% to 55% as they are running much stronger now.

Anyway, highly recommend fixing this problem with something like this rather than buying multiple cheap power bricks that will just burn out again. Ill attach photos of what I am running now. Hopefully it will help someone else in the same boat.

IMG_8888.jpeg

IMG_8889.jpeg

Back