Cor- 20 won’t restart ...

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cor 20- won’t restart after turning off for maintenance through fusion , it shows a Voltage icon and tries to spool up slowly then shuts off over and over . The cor will only come back after I shut the apex down and restart..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried taking the pump apart, giving it a cleaning and reseating the O'Ring?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cor20 is stand alone, do you have the power plug going into the apex powerbar or a wall outlet? It should be plugged into a wall outlet. I would disconnect the aquabus cable and see if it will run in standalone mode.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)

Which LED is flashing on the driver?

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cor20 is stand alone, do you have the power plug going into the apex powerbar or a wall outlet? It should be plugged into a wall outlet. I would disconnect the aquabus cable and see if it will run in standalone mode.
I have it plugged into the apex bar , I will switch the power plug to a regular socket . Ok I will see if will work in stand alone mode and give the pump a good cleaning! Thanks Pelphrey

Last edited:
OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
• An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected. The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating . The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing) The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing) The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be flashing) The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be flashing)

Which LED is flashing on the driver?
I’m for sure the leds were flashing I can’t remember if it was # 3 or # 4 going . I was sucking out all of the detritus out of the sump when it occurred. Going to do a water change on Friday and will clean and reseat the O ring per your instructions. Thanks for your advice DarthSimon !

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will implement all of your suggestions and pay attention to the flashing LEDS on the module when I turn the unit off and back on again .

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it plugged into the apex bar , I will switch the power plug to a regular socket . Ok I will see if will work in stand alone mode and give the pump a good cleaning! Thanks Pelphrey

Neptune suggests plugging the COR20 into any outlet NOT on the power bar. If something happens to the apex the cor20 plugged in elsewhere will continue to run! Save that outlet for another piece of equipment!

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune suggests plugging the COR20 into any outlet NOT on the power bar. If something happens to the apex the cor20 plugged in elsewhere will continue to run! Save that outlet for another piece of equipment!
Thanks ! Will definitely do this .

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody for all the help ! I changed the Plug over to a non apex bar and cleaned the unit thoroughly . Now it’s running like it’s supposed too ! When I use fusion to cut the Cor off and turn it back on it spools right on up !

U

User1

View Badges
I've seen the over current icon a couple times now and every time it was the o-ring. Glad you got it working. When I see it it it is usually after a cleaning and the o-ring slips off as I'm putting it back together.

I hope if they do a redesign that they make the groove a bit deeper or add a bit more neck so it stays put. I meant to try a bit of o-ring grease or whatever it is called that they recommend to see if that helps. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my Cor's. 2 x Cor 15's and 1 Cor 20 :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back