Cor IQ level and %

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering how the relationship between % power setting worked in relation to IQ level adjustment.
Let's say I have my IQ min set at 80% and max at 95%. And my % ramp from 10% to 100%. Is 1% ramp 80% total power (IQ setting) and 100% ramp 95% power (IQ)?
Maybe someone can explain this for me.
Thanks

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is taken from Neptune’ Systems Guide, more specifically IQ Level Settings:

IQ-Level is a form of calibration that allows you to configure the pump’s minimum and maximum speeds to be optimal for your aquarium. Using IQ-Level is entirely optional but is highly recommended.
In the next few paragraphs, we will discuss IQ-Level as it should be done for a common aquarium setup in which the COR is used as a return pump. Other COR uses, such as closed loop applications, will require different criteria be used for IQ-Level.
Ideally, the pump’s maximum speed will be calibrated so that 100% speed corresponds to that speed which moves the perfect amount of water for the tank’s overflow drain(s), without exceeding the capacity of the overflow or pumping insufficient volume of water to maintain a constant full siphon drain. This is important to do, as properly setting the maximum speed of the pumps ensures that the output of the pump will not exceed the capacity of the overflow and drain system, even if the COR slider on the Dashboard is set to manual ON.
Ideally, the COR’s minimum speed will be set with IQ-Level so that when the pump is running at 1%, the pump does not slow so much that the water in the return piping drains out backwards. The perfect minimum speed is that speed which just holds the water column full and in a quiescent state, and does not actually cause water to be pumped. You would then program to COR to run at that minimum speed during feeding times and in other situations when no water movement is desired.

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the % set in the graph's relationship with the IQ %?
If my minimum IQ is 25%, would 1% in the graph equate to the minimum run speed of 25% of the pumps power dictated by the 25% minimum IQ setting?

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you set the graph speed to 100% and set IQ to 50% the pump will be working at 50%.
Graph 50% and IQ 50% net would be running at 25%.

I believe the IQ function exists as to not overflow a system and exceed max flow rates.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back