COR Pump turn Off skimmer?

musaabi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2021
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
1,278
Location
Long Beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can I program my skimmer to turn off if my cor pump is under a certain value? I have all my feed modes turning off my skimmer appropriately but the idea is a fail safe in case someone hits the speed controller and slows down the flow, I don’t want the skimmer overflowing. I tried programming it into the skimmer using “if output returnpump < 65 than off” “if output returnpump less 65 than off” if output returnpump [<] 65 than off” and then tried on cor “if < 65 then output skimmer off” and the system rejects everything. Any ideas?
 
That worked! Thanks! If I add a defer 5 min statement would that mean the system would wait 5 min AFTER the cor returns to 65 to turn back on?
Yes, if you use:

Defer 005:00 Then ON

This would cause the skimmer to remain off for 5 additional minutes after all the conditions (not just the COR) that turn it off have been cleared. See my tutorial on Apex Timers for more details on Defer:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new