COR20 problems

MTLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I'm setting up a reefer 425 and I'm using a COR20 as my main return pump. I was running it standalone with no problems, but attempted to connect it to my Apex unit today. I followed the step-by-step process but ran into several problems:

The COR controller never turned blue during calibration.
The COR pump display shows 0% for all three fields in Apex Fusion.
There is a constant yellow light on the controller when plugged to the Apex with an aquabus, or a flashing yellow light when I pull the aquabus plug and try to run it standalone.
The COR pump has stopped working altogether and is unresponsive, both in Apex and in standalone mode.

One thing I notice in Fusion is that all my controllers have a ''2'' address, but the CPR has a ''3'' (Heater_2_4 but COR_3_1). I'm pretty sure I messed something up during the setup but what exactly I did and how to fix it is unclear to me. Does anyone have any thoughts? Many thanks for your help.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you try unplugging it and deleting it then reconnect it. it sounds like it may be trying to update the firmware.
ill have to look when i get home, but i think if you have it daisy chained to another module it uses part of that address?

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/COR_User_Guide_for_APEX.pdf

Flashing Orange • The COR driver is in fallback mode and is attempting to communicate with
an APEX base unit.
• The number of LEDs lit on the 8-LED bar indicates the current pump speed.

Yellow • The COR driver’s internal firmware is being updated by the APEX

If you want or need to operate your COR-20 in Standalone Mode rather than integrated
with your Apex, refer to the COR-20 Standalone User Guide found on the Documentation
page on the Neptune Systems web site.
To put your COR-20 into Standalone Mode:
1. Disconnect the power cord from the COR-20 power jack
2. Disconnect the AquaBus cable(s) from the COR-20.
3. If you have daisy-chained additional Apex modules, reconnect the AquaBus cable
to another module so that that those modules are reconnected to the Apex system
4. Reconnect the power cord to the COR-20 power jack.
5. Your COR-20 will now be in Standalone Mode
To return to APEX-connected Mode, simply reconnect your COR-20 to your Apex system
using an AquaBus cable.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is confused. If you can find the procedure to do a factory reset try that but otherwise contact Neptune. Much more info on the Neptune forum.
I don't think that the Apex does automatic firmware updates. If it does I would turn it off.

OP
OP
M

MTLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK just figured it out. The COR pump needed a software update. I was able to set it up and it's now running smoothly. Not the most intuitive experience TBH.

Back