Coral and fish safe glue

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im trying to make the back wall of my tank covered in Green star polyps. I have a decent sized frag disc with Gsp on it and i heard glueing the frag to a wall helps it to spread. I have already tried putting the frag really close to the wall but that did not work so i‘m trying this. What type of glue is best to use and could i get some advice on how to use it?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be very clear, what specific brand have you used in the past, so i don’t poison my tank.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brand is not what u want to look for as some brands may have different types of glue that may or may not be what you want. What you care about is the ingredient.....cynoacralate. as others said this is you standard "super glue". Get the gel version.

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to be very paranoid, you can find glues branded specifically as 'reef glue'. They're exactly the same stuff as the regular cyanoacrylate at a marked up price point, but it can give you the peace of mind that it's safe.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to be very paranoid, you can find glues branded specifically as 'reef glue'. They're exactly the same stuff as the regular cyanoacrylate at a marked up price point, but it can give you the peace of mind that it's safe.
The brand is not what u want to look for as some brands may have different types of glue that may or may not be what you want. What you care about is the ingredient.....cynoacralate. as others said this is you standard "super glue". Get the gel version.
Awesome, thank you.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used gorIola super glue gel in my tank and within a week three cleaner shrimp were dead. Don’t know if it was the glue that killed them, the timing was spot on. I would be careful. Gorilla super glue gel also has hydroquinone in it.

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just been using this which works well and is not too expensive. 16 bucks for a 3 pack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-043522_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-043522_Brave.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back