Coral Beauty possible in 32 gallon Biocube?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am just going through the stocking of my to be 32 gallon Biocube tank and I have what I feel like a really debated question. Is it possible to keep a Coral Beauty in a 32 gallon tank? The total stock of the tank would be a pair of Clownfish and the Coral Beauty if even possible. It will also be a future (hopefully if all goes well) reef tank with lots of easy to keep coral like Zoanthids, Leather, Polyps, or Mushroom Corals. I am open to all advice and well aware that it may totally not viable to keep angelfish in a tank that size but if there is anyway to do it I would love to keep one.

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’d be better with one clown and the angel, or an angel and a bottom dweller like a shrimp goby. And a pistol shrimp. It might be doable. Or just the angel

OP
OP
Fishbro

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if I would be pushing it with just one in the tank I think I'll stick with a clownfish pair and some other nano fish thanks for the help guys!

Jono1487

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re going to do it, look into purchasing a tank bread Coral Beauty. Based on my experience you’ll have better luck with a tank bread fish in a smaller tank than with one from the ocean.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put a coral beauty in anything under a Reefer250 sized tank... 3'x2' foot print. The pygmy angel technically would be ok, but are really aggressive and could cause issues with other livestock in a 30 gallon tank. Some do, some don't.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back