coral beauty

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwint
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dwint

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
104
Reaction score
28
Location
murphy
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this fish three weeks ago and it grazes all the time.I just noticed stringy poop.How do i know what it is or how to treat?I have a 20 gallon i could treat with meds.There is a clown in that tank.
 
I got this fish three weeks ago and it grazes all the time.I just noticed stringy poop.How do i know what it is or how to treat?I have a 20 gallon i could treat with meds.There is a clown in that tank.
Stringy poop often associated with excess mucus in the intestines opposed to parasites especially if feeding foods such as mysis and brine shrimp
Add pellets, LRS fish frenzy and plankton to diet
 
Stringy poop often associated with excess mucus in the intestines opposed to parasites especially if feeding foods such as mysis and brine shrimp
Add pellets, LRS fish frenzy and plankton to diet
i do feed both of those foods to my other fish but iv'e never seen this fish eat anything but what's on the glass or rocks.So should i just ignore it?
 
Did you not quarantine it first to se wire behavior and eating methods????
 
Stringy poop often associated with excess mucus in the intestines opposed to parasites especially if feeding foods such as mysis and brine shrimp
Add pellets, LRS fish frenzy and plankton to diet
I have frozen plankton
 
Mine has always had long strings of poop. I’ve never seen a fish poop so much.
 
I got this fish three weeks ago and it grazes all the time.I just noticed stringy poop.How do i know what it is or how to treat?I have a 20 gallon i could treat with meds.There is a clown in that tank.

What color is the string of poop?

Jay
 
I came here to say the same thing as above. I have a flame back,flame and a CB and they all have always had stringy poop. None of my other fish tangs,wrasse,etc. have that. I've come to think it's normal.
 
I got this fish three weeks ago and it grazes all the time.I just noticed stringy poop.How do i know what it is or how to treat?I have a 20 gallon i could treat with meds.There is a clown in that tank.
20g tank is 15g with rocks. Way to small for a coral beauty fish.
 
Perfect, mine too, hope he recovers from his ailment. I like natural treatments with vitamins and garlic.
Sounds like from others that it's common with coral beauty's
 
Sounds like from others that it's common with coral beauty's
Not sure I've had mine for 2 years now with no issues. You need to make sure he gets sponge in his diet. This is essential to the health for this type of fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new