Coral Box DCA 4000 questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled on this pump, and it looks to be a Octo Varios Clone from what i can tell, which is amazing, as it saves me like $300. what comes in the box? It comes with the float valves right? to kill power if your ATO failed?

Bizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, as I have been researching coral box pumps as well. Considering their line of skimmers which use the DCA pumps. From all that I have found online, people are loving them, but the reviews are few and far between!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DCA4,000 includes everything, pump, controller, intake grate, and float switch. You can hook them up to an apex VDM for control too with the apex adapter cable add-on.

They work great and have been popular, we've had them almost 2 years now.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DCA4,000 includes everything, pump, controller, intake grate, and float switch. You can hook them up to an apex VDM for control too with the apex adapter cable add-on.

Great! Thank you! ill have to build my own cable, as that cable uses 2 0-10 v per device the way its built, not a big deal, and will let me add that control via my reef angel, and save me a ton. Added to the list!

Thanks so much! I think it will be an upgrade from my old dct.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now i see wave function, i dont want that per say, i just want to be able to dial in the flow like the older models and slow it down. It can still do that right? or is the wave the only thing?

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am need to buy a return pump for my Waterbox x60.2 . Waterbox recommends the sicce syncra 3.0 pump. I know most local shops sell that pump. Ive heard good and bad things both on it. So can anyone offer any current info on the Coral Box DCA 4000 pump? Its $ 10 more but is Dc, Apex controllable if i decide to ever go that route and 30 w verse the sicce 48 watt 3.0. Is there any other options like the ecotech vectra S2 ? Im looking for current thoughts about longetivity, noise , warranty issues , anything that may help me decide. Thanks

Bizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortly after posting here, I ended up purchasing a D700 Plus skimmer with the DCA3000 pump...I love it so far. I have the dc pump running at about 50%, it is silent and moves a TON of water through that skimmer. I actually took it apart recently and did a deep clean in the pump. The way it is built, there aren't screws that rust out (like on my CurrentUSA eFlux, ugh). The head of the pump just sort of twists on there, which I find very nice because it makes it easy to clean and no chance of rusted screws. I would buy again (and very well might buy soon to replace my main return). Hope this helps!

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortly after posting here, I ended up purchasing a D700 Plus skimmer with the DCA3000 pump...I love it so far. I have the dc pump running at about 50%, it is silent and moves a TON of water through that skimmer. I actually took it apart recently and did a deep clean in the pump. The way it is built, there aren't screws that rust out (like on my CurrentUSA eFlux, ugh). The head of the pump just sort of twists on there, which I find very nice because it makes it easy to clean and no chance of rusted screws. I would buy again (and very well might buy soon to replace my main return). Hope this helps!
Thanks, i"ll check it out

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back