Coral Box Dosing Pump Not Working

Chemaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently purchased a saltwater aquarium. A Coral Box dosing pump was included. I am not able to get it to function for some reason. When I plug it in and run the app on my phone the light on the unit turns on and shines purple. I cannot find anything about what a purple light means.

The app is not able to see the Coral Box. I have done everything the instructions suggest with no luck. I noticed the wifi reset button looked to have some water in it so I carefully disassembled the unit and unplugged the reset button and blew it out with compressed air until it was dry. I also cleaned out the power port to remove the corrosion that was on it.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to try to get the pump functional?

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to confirm, you cannot see the CoralBox WiFi name in your WiFi list, even after resetting it's WiFi?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit has to connect to wifi prior to using it in the app. So go into your wifi settings and find it and connect to it. It should prompt you the rest of the way to connect itself. Then it should be available on the app. I ran one for a little bit, but opted to get a dos when I got an apex. Noisy little thing!

if it’s not available on wifi settings check to make sure you have a 2.4hz wifi available. If I remember correctly they won’t work with the 5hz setups.

what do you want to dose with it?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back