Coral box dosing pump - please help!

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at my wits end with this thing. It looks great, and the app is fine when it finally connects, but that’s about all the positive I can say about it.

I cannot for the life of me get any of my lines to stay primed. I have check valves on the ends, tried the tape method someone suggested on another thread to tighten the pump heads, replaced a head with no change, quadruple checked all connections. I am losing my mind over this thing. Should I just add 5 more check valves to each line and hope my alk doesn’t block each one up entirely? Please help before I go crazy and start smashing this thing lol.

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at my wits end with this thing. It looks great, and the app is fine when it finally connects, but that’s about all the positive I can say about it.

I cannot for the life of me get any of my lines to stay primed. I have check valves on the ends, tried the tape method someone suggested on another thread to tighten the pump heads, replaced a head with no change, quadruple checked all connections. I am losing my mind over this thing. Should I just add 5 more check valves to each line and hope my alk doesn’t block each one up entirely? Please help before I go crazy and start smashing this thing lol.
What is the ID of the tubing you're using? Pic of your setup?

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new unit, have you ever managed to get them primed? I ask as I had the same problem but I connected the tubing to both ends of the pump. To get it primed, you only connect the intake tube first, run your liquid through it and then connect the tube to the outlet. Hope that helps?

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ID of the tubing you're using? Pic of your setup?
It’s just the standard clear tubing that reef breeders supplied. It’s a very tight fit on the barbs. Here’s a pic of the set up, don’t mind the dangling pump head.. trying to mess around with that one..

Attachments

• 86C94497-D22E-4D01-9454-860D897490DA.jpeg
    86C94497-D22E-4D01-9454-860D897490DA.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new unit, have you ever managed to get them primed? I ask as I had the same problem but I connected the tubing to both ends of the pump. To get it primed, you only connect the intake tube first, run your liquid through it and then connect the tube to the outlet. Hope that helps?
No I’ve had it for a few months. Yes they stay primed for about a day before the liquid slowly seeps back down into the reservoir.

OP
OP
lba4590

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are both of them seeping back into the container?
Yes, one a little slower than the other. Alk drops the fastest, and there is no buildup at any of the connections which would make me they’re all quite tight. Both have check valves on the end.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check valve are in the correct way I assume.
Hose is on past the barb?
Hose is on the correct side?
Any visible holes in the hose anywhere?
Any trapped air? I like to run it in to a container just to make sure all air is out of the line.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back