Coral-box wifi doser- Not finding wifi !

pmiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,
i have a coral box doser for a month now.. i went on vacation and on my return i could not find the doser when i opened the app. i did a wifi and a factory reset, but i am not seeing doser_xxxx appear in my wifi list!... is it fried?!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard that time and time again. Not sure of the solution but its been reported many times and usually is a goner if factory reset cant fix it. Have you tried the Wi-Fi reset button on the side of the box?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy it? Reef Breeders sells them in the US with one year warranty.. they have some videos on their site that may help

OP
OP
pmiggy

pmiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got it in july from amazon,
yes i tried the reset button, but not listing, only the green light flashes
however it seems like its still dosing, because it comes in at the expected time interval.!so strange

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having the exact same problem all the sudden. did you ever find a solution?

Buck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having the exact same problem all the sudden. did you ever find a solution?
I have never been able to get mine to connect to wifi. I use my phone and can connect straight to the doser but have never gotten the doser to connect to the homes wifi.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set mine up today. Purchased it directly from Logan "Reefbreeders" at KOR last weekend. I was having a heck of a time connecting through WiFi. First. It will only connect to the 2.4G not 5G. To connect through internet not direct. The tablet I'm using also needs to be on a 2.4G network. That seems strange. Don't know how that's going to work when I'm at the office etc... The unit only blinks Green. When powering the unit up It does go through red, blue then green. But always flashed just green. I'm noticing the math is off for the daily dose. Right now I dose 25ml/day All and Ca. 12 doses of each. Alk at night and Ca during the day. The thing is it's only dosing 2.8ml each dose. That's way off. That works out to 33.6ml/day..

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set mine up today. Purchased it directly from Logan "Reefbreeders" at KOR last weekend. I was having a heck of a time connecting through WiFi. First. It will only connect to the 2.4G not 5G. To connect through internet not direct. The tablet I'm using also needs to be on a 2.4G network. That seems strange. Don't know how that's going to work when I'm at the office etc... The unit only blinks Green. When powering the unit up It does go through red, blue then green. But always flashed just green. I'm noticing the math is off for the daily dose. Right now I dose 25ml/day All and Ca. 12 doses of each. Alk at night and Ca during the day. The thing is it's only dosing 2.8ml each dose. That's way off. That works out to 33.6ml/day..
You have to calibrate it....there are videos that show how, very easy to do in the app. Why post in this 7m old thread instead of asking Logan? He's very helpful ime.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to calibrate it....there are videos that show how, very easy to do in the app. Why post in this 7m old thread instead of asking Logan? He's very helpful ime.

Sorry... I should have specified that in my post. Calibrated and verified calibration. All pumps actually pumped 9ml initially. After setting calibration. Doser pumped 10ml when asked and 1ml accurately. Ha ha.. I didn't realize the date of the post. Sorry..

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry... I should have specified that in my post. Calibrated and verified calibration. All pumps actually pumped 9ml initially. After setting calibration. Doser pumped 10ml when asked and 1ml accurately. Ha ha.. I didn't realize the date of the post. Sorry..
No worries. Yeah check with Logan he probably has some tricks for getting it to work, I know he's a fan of the coral box stuff.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bit part of his business. He's smart selling stuff that most won't and supporting it.​

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back