coral box wifi doser

clk51212

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered one should be here next week. just wondering why they provide check valves? a doser shouldn't back siphon. are they just a safety precaution? is anybody running these without them?
thxs

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m ordering one also. Best bang for the buck. Make sure your containers are on the floor, not above the sump, that will stop back siphon.

TheKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you all like the dosing pump? Trying to select my first dosing pump and this one seems to check all the boxes. Only thing that has me worried is I read people having problems keeping them calibrated. Any experience good or bad so far?

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do come with check valves. Comes with check valves, tubing, ml calibration tube, and screws to mount if needed. I personally upgraded the tubing, but I used the stock check valves. Love the unit, have had it running now for about 2 months.

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you all like the dosing pump? Trying to select my first dosing pump and this one seems to check all the boxes. Only thing that has me worried is I read people having problems keeping them calibrated. Any experience good or bad so far?
On my first unit, 2 of the 4 heads did not calibrate/wouldn't stay calibrated, but the second unit that was sent out worked fine. Excellent customer service.

TheKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my first unit, 2 of the 4 heads did not calibrate/wouldn't stay calibrated, but the second unit that was sent out worked fine. Excellent customer service.

Good to hear you mention great customer service. Was this from reef breeders?

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear you mention great customer service. Was this from reef breeders?

Yes, Logan was the guy I felt with. I believe they are the only supplier of this as of now, besides some random eBay and Amazon sellers.

Jim Heenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly trying to get my Alk, Ca, and Mg dialed in, but so far the doser seems to be running as expected.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys can some one tell if the app works locally in your house over wifi or can this doser be programmed/settings changed from say at work using 4g/Lte. like apex fusion can be accessed/changed from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet.

Jim Heenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys can some one tell if the app works locally in your house over wifi or can this doser be programmed/settings changed from say at work using 4g/Lte. like apex fusion can be accessed/changed from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet.
I've only tried connecting through wifi (works well too). As far as cellular, I haven't tried. I can't see there being a need to.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am looking 6 months ahead of time. Was interested if it can be changed or access through data on the phone or outside your home network is because I was looking into buying Neptune Trident which is just alkalinity calcium magnesium Monitor and if this Dozer can be programmed way from home I can always log in to Apex Fusion look at the numbers and then log in to the Doser and give it a command to dose x amount of fluids.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From all I can gather this only works on your home network. Phone and doser both need to be on same network to work.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only works on your home wifi. Mine has been running for 7 months with no problems. Has stayed calibrated and is pretty accurate

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It only works on your home wifi. Mine has been running for 7 months with no problems. Has stayed calibrated and is pretty accurate

Just curious as to what kind of tubing you are using in yours and how you set up the valves. I have tried two different types of tubing and have had no luck keeping air out of the lines, and I mean a lot of air. I’ll calibrate it one day and by the next it’s off by 5ml or more. I’m wondering if I have defective heads.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to what kind of tubing you are using in yours and how you set up the valves. I have tried two different types of tubing and have had no luck keeping air out of the lines, and I mean a lot of air. I’ll calibrate it one day and by the next it’s off by 5ml or more. I’m wondering if I have defective heads.
I used 1/8th inside diameter tubing and have check valves between the dosing containers and the heads. I think 3/16 inside diameter tubing is a little too big for the dosing head fittings. 1/8th is a tighter fit and makes a better seal.

Havasuviking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan was great and helped me via telephone (I am not technically advanced) to get it up and running. Just started yesterday and it seemed to work fine.

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having problems getting my doser to connect to my home wifi

i can connect to the “Dosing__” network, set up the doser and get it calibrated, but when i go to connect to my home network, enter in the wifi name and password, it fails and disconnects.

what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back