Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acro power now online via the DIY dosing container.

C5AD0B75-7E9A-4EA7-97E0-D785620AD596.jpeg

103EDD96-B767-47A2-B91B-3639D1879CD2.png

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing! I'm thinking of getting two APEX DOS, but the coralbox seems really great. I might just go that route.

I’m running an apex, the dos is a viable option. Unfortunately for me it was hard to justify that price tag for 2 pumps, I require minimum 3 pumps. Second comes the physical size of the DOS units, I could fit 2 under my cabinet but it would take up a lot of space. With that said you never know which direction I’ll go in down the road!

Reefer33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious are you getting any air bubbles in your dosing lines or did the check valves on both sides do the trick? I saw lots of complaints on this doser having issues with staying primed.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set-up!
Where do you get the check valves from?

Tubing - http://amzn.to/2BNPXFA

Check valves - http://amzn.to/2iIb1pw

Just curious are you getting any air bubbles in your dosing lines or did the check valves on both sides do the trick? I saw lots of complaints on this doser having issues with staying primed.

I am not seeing air in my lines, I have the output end submerged in my sump. The submerged lines are probably hard to see in the image. I had the extra check valves so I put them on the output lines, that may very well be helping keep the air out.

IMG_1298.JPG

Reefer33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not seeing air in my lines, I have the output end submerged in my sump. The submerged lines are probably hard to see in the image. I had the extra check valves so I put them on the output lines, that may very well be helping keep the air out.

Most people were seeing issues on the output side not staying primed, the fluid appeared to drip out into your sump over time. Curious if it's the check valves or just keeping the lines submerged, interesting.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people were seeing issues on the output side not staying primed, the fluid appeared to drip out into your sump over time. Curious if it's the check valves or just keeping the lines submerged, interesting.

I've not had the pump setup for a week yet, it is something I am keeping an eye on. Testing DKH every other day and salinity. The Balling Method has the ability to raise salinity, so that is an easy one to keep an eye on. I didn't use the supplied check valves, I bought the valves I linked above from amazon and used those.

Reefer33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not had the pump setup for a week yet, it is something I am keeping an eye on. Testing DKH every other day and salinity. The Balling Method has the ability to raise salinity, so that is an easy one to keep an eye on. I didn't use the supplied check valves, I bought the valves I linked above from amazon and used those.

Yes I would definitely check your output lines for bubbles and loss of liquid but if you are approaching a week already, you might not have any issues.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very happy with my coralbox dosing pump .. had it up and running for just over a month now .. has been good but noticed air bubbles in the lines couple of days ago .. have now re calibrated today ..

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the air just from needing to prime the pump?
No .. I’ve primed them several times and they still come back .. my only thought is they are sucking air from somewhere .. I have my check valves on the ends of my outlets .. I thought this might help ..

Reefer33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No .. I’ve primed them several times and they still come back .. my only thought is they are sucking air from somewhere .. I have my check valves on the ends of my outlets .. I thought this might help ..

Is the air on the output line and the input line good? This is the issue I see recurring over and over with this dosing pump.

Reefer33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try buying those air one way valves like in this thread and see if that works? Silicone tubing might help as well!

Back